- Become a peer reviewer
- Participate on teams (e.g., advisory panels, committees, goal groups, collaboratives)
- Provide input by email, in-person or by phone
- Represent your community and other patients
- Voice your needs, preferences and goals for care
- Participate in research events (e.g. knowledge translation events and forums)
How can I participate?
There are a number of activities to get involved with at ACHRU as a research partner. It may be helpful to review our website and learn about our resources for research partners and our current research. If interested, please contact Laurie Kennedy by email: email@example.com or Tel: (905) 525-9140 extension: 22392.
What is the time commitment?
At ACHRU, we understand your time is precious. We will let you know in advance of the time needed. However, we offer flexibility, transportation arrangements, honorarium and friendly hands-on guidance to our research partners across all our activities. We want this experience to be meaningful and relevant to you, so we make it a priority to accommodate all your needs.
Is previous training required?
There are no educational or prior training requirements. In fact, we make it our responsibility to train you to become a research partner with us. We invest in your training with the hope that you will become a life long research partner with us. We encourage diverse representation and our research is stronger when our research partners represent a great variety of backgrounds.